Skip directly to content

How Did she manage That!

Community

• How Did she manage That!
    February 02, 2013

I'm really curious about this whole video girl thing. I've seen so many trey video's with women in them who are for lack of a better word are "regular" i am not hating I think its wonderful that these women are getting the the chance not only to work with Trey but follow they're dreams, but I am as pretty if not more than the girls chosen for these video's, hell I have friends who are as well. So my question is how are they making it to the point that they are chosen for his video's or any high profile artist for that matter, and where do I start? Is it who you know? is it truly about looks, and talent? I'd love to hear from start to finish how this is accomplished. From the day you decide this is something you want to pursue. P.S. no I will not sleep with people to get there, but I have a feeling not everyone does.

Real Rnb forever's picture
on Feb 2, 2013 - 07:25PM

I'm really curious about this whole video girl thing. I've seen so many trey video's with women in them who are for lack of a better word are "regular" i am not hating I think its wonderful that these women are getting the the chance not only to work with Trey but follow they're dreams, but I am as pretty if not more than the girls chosen for these video's, hell I have friends who are as well. So my question is how are they making it to the point that they are chosen for his video's or any high profile artist for that matter, and where do I start? Is it who you know? is it truly about looks, and talent? I'd love to hear from start to finish how this is accomplished. From the day you decide this is something you want to pursue. P.S. no I will not sleep with people to get there, but I have a feeling not everyone does.

Forum category: 
msamaris@hotmail.com's picture

I don't what to tell as how to get in one of his videos but they are regular looking because that is what Trey wants he plays a BIG part in choosing the leading lady for his videos. They may look regular but I am sure they are models, actress so on and so fourth. I don't think everyone sleeps with people to get there. I know some do but, there are people who go work hard to make it to the top. Just a thought if this is something you want to do start by doing research and find out what it takes and go for it.

Numba1Hon's picture

I agree with you that not all are sleeping with people to get there. They say a lot of the models won't even have anything to do with the artists. I saw a documentary about this at one time.

JesusIsMySavior's picture

I think the women he selects to be in his videos are attractive, they don't tend to be exotic looking though. Like Numba1Hon stated his leading ladies tend to be professionals. The young lady in Simply Amazing is an actress.

Numba1Hon's picture

Hi @JIMS
Kelly Rowland has a lot of acting credits to her name too. Also Helen was supposed to be an actress in an Ethiopian movie but I never heard any more about it did you?

Hey!

That's true. Kelly is a pretty good actress. I wonder how well Helen performed in that movie?

Numba1Hon's picture

I am trying to find out if the movie was done yet. I signed up for e-mail notification but I did not hear anything. Did you hear anything about it?

No I haven't heard anything about the movie being released.

Numba1Hon's picture

Well I guess if you are (as you call it) as "regular" as the girls in his videos, you should have no problem. You can find plenty of help on E-How. E-How will tell you all about it. Mind you that most of the ladies in Trey's video's are not video girls. They are either working actresses with long resumes, professional models, with long resumes, famous recording artists with long resumes, professional dancers, etc. etc.. One is even his ex-girlfriend. She is a professional dancer and an actress, and the fiance of an NBA baller and she only dances with top artists----very accomplished women. So if you are as regular as these ladies, you should have no problem. Follow the advice on E-How and get your new career started. Trey is not at video calls as far as I know. They show him pictures they probably obtain from a booking agency and he selects the one that he likes based upon their attractiveness and what he wants to do in the video. IMO, in some videos, he wants the girls to look like the pretty girl next door because he wants his fans that are also regular to relate to them. If you are worried about someone trying to sleep with you, be careful about the people who you will see at the auditions. It is not likely Trey will be there. I hope I answered your question.

shop