Skip directly to content

Tell me I'm not CRAZY......!!

• PARADISE's picture
    (2 years 5 days ago)

I am big fan of Trey Songz and I love his music alot. There were many questions asked regarding his spirituality and I think I know the answer. I was listening to one of his biggest tracks - 'BOTTOMS UP' and I heard something strange in the background..... There was a voice going like 'six, six, six'. It puzzled me that I couldn't hear the voice before today. Listen to the song attentively and tell me i'm not crazy. If by the slightest chance i'm right, Trey what's up?..

Fan talk
PARADISE's picture
on April 10, 2012 - 9:46am
Forum category: 

I am big fan of Trey Songz and I love his music alot. There were many questions asked regarding his spirituality and I think I know the answer. I was listening to one of his biggest tracks - 'BOTTOMS UP' and I heard something strange in the background..... There was a voice going like 'six, six, six'. It puzzled me that I couldn't hear the voice before today. Listen to the song attentively and tell me i'm not crazy. If by the slightest chance i'm right, Trey what's up?..

Numba1Hon's picture

You know this is a song they play in the club with top of the line electronic equipment. The music is loud and booming. You can hear every last detail. If 666 is audible in this song on your home equipment, then I am sure other people would have noticed and it would be all over the internet. This does not make any sense. I also don't think all of those symbols we see are Satanic because they were around before anybody knew about the Devil/Lucifer/Satan. I looked up some of this stuff and I see different points of view and some do not seem biased. Of course if you are a Christian fundamentalist, anything that is not Christian would be Satanic. So I am not convinced that all these symbols I see celebrities, politicians and everyday people are using are demonic. In all fairness, I think people with wicked intentions have highjacked symbols that were meant to have other meanings BUT many other people are still using the symbols with the more positive meaning.. I need a lot more evidence then I see on the Net right now to believe anything else. I do agree though that the negative versions are used in the music industry to portray darkness. I just hope the individuals are not really Satanist. That would be too frightening. I think you have drawn your own conclusions and by your tone in your comments below, you are judging Trey and that is up to God to do not man. That is what @Bobbi is taking exception to. All we can do is pray and that is what many of us have been doing all along in case you did not know that.

PARADISE's picture

I'd agree with u if 'ting' and 'six' rhymed and I'm positive the voice sez 666, anyway nvm, I give up *sigh*... Just realised this is a waste of my energy..

TREYZONELOVE_2's picture

I know exactly what you are talkin about and they are not sayin 666 they are sayin "ting, ting, ting"!

PARADISE's picture

I see. So basically u're suggesting that I shouldn't have posted this discussion because it is an infraction of his privacy and I shouldn't care what he's up to? Are you also suggesting that if I buy his music and I have some reservations about it, I should just keep quiet because again - it is an infringement of his privacy.. Hmmm, fascinating..

Bobbi_'s picture

Yes, we all have opinions. & KJV says "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you shall be no priest to me: because you have forgotten the law of your God, I will also forget your children." Knowledge of God is what you should seek. I don't see how that syncs up with knowing what someone else is up to. & no, I don't believe people should be ignorant or naive to other things. That's why people pray for each other, as you pointed out.

PARADISE's picture

Yeah well everybody is entitled to their own opinion. Like I said, I'm a big fan of his music but when I heard the 666 thing in his track I couldn't disregard it. It's not something I would consider to be a venial slip and ignorance is not bliss hence God said "My people perish from lack of knowledge". I am not judging him or blabbing about him, I am just telling you the truth about something that was bothering me. See now that I told u about it we can aaaaallllll start praying.... And remember people - 2 luv thy neighbour, fellowship with others and love your enemies.........

Bobbi_'s picture

Trey's already said which God he prays to on numerous occasions, and he's already been shown praying to God, but there's no need in trying to convince anyone who's trying to push their own messages and agendas of what someone else is doing with their life, and there's no need to justify your decisions to anyone walking this earth.

& I personally never understood why so many people who speak out against what others do against God don't think about speaking on how to live for God as much, like love thy neighbor, fellowship with others, bless your enemies, and Give it to God to let the Lord fight your battles. I was taught when you see someone who is acting in a way they shouldn't be, you go to them in private and pray with them, if that doesn't work you take a witness and pray, if that doesn't work you leave it to God. I've never been taught to talk amongst others about what evils are out there and who is participating. Your faith in God should be so strong that you shouldn't worry about what the enemy is doing.

PARADISE's picture

It's not surprising that u can't hear it, I mean it's a subliminal message anyway. Does the fact that Trey's team prays to God imply that he prays too? We cannot be certain as to which God he is referring to (just saying)... I don't understand why Trey would associate himself with jigga who's like the king pin of this whole satanic thing. Rocawear's designs often depict satanic symbols such as the all seeing-eye and now Trey is the face of rocawear's fragrance. Let me put it this way, would you hang out with someone who promotes satanism and be okay with it? evidently he is part of this whole thing and it's no use making excuses 4 him. Ofcourse I do not judge him for this because it is the path that he chose to pursue,it is actually none of my business but I just thought it was worth mentioning.. I wish I could tell you more about how they acquire their fame and fortune but I was sworn to secrecy...

Essence711's picture

Thank you @HumbleHeart

humbleheart's picture

@Essence711, thank you also for your prayers.

I just wanted to let everyone know, that discernment or discerning of spirits is not for a select few people. Everyone can have eyes that see and ears that hear. Knowing God's Voice and being able to recognize signs comes from spending time in His Word, first and foremost. It is through the Word of God that the Holy Spirit first teaches us to hear and know the Father's Voice. The Word of God is the first step in learning to discern whether the spirit operating through a person or ourselves is of God (the Holy Spirit) or not. You do this by lining up what is being said/done by what God has had written in His Word. E.g. Jesus was able to resist Satan in the Wildnerness because He used the Sword of the Spirit/the Word of God against the deceiving spirit/Satan.

As you can see even in Jesus' case, the devil's enticing is not usually clear. He's not going to show his horns and say 'worship me'. What he's offering may often seem good and even appeal to what you're called to do (he offered Jesus all the kingdoms of the world, knowing that Jesus came to save the world). However, only through the Holy Spirit and the Word are we able to recognize his deceptions and combat it with truth. Jesus used the truth of the Word to fight the enemy.

Likewise, the calling on the lives of artists is the reason why a lot of people in the music industry are attacked by the enemy. Satan knows that they have influence and a voice that can impact the world with one song, one video, one clothing line, fragrance, etc. It is for this reason that the devil uses musical artists, etc. to push his agendas and reach people with his deceptions. He knows that he can offer artists fame and fortune in exchange for promoting his agenda. And he does it through deception and appearing as an angel of light.

All in all, I just say pray and ask God for a discerning heart, read His Word, and watch as He begins to reveal things to you :)

Essence711's picture

Well I'm not one to say that I don't need anyone to pray for me so please if any of you feel it in your hearts, please pray for me and ask God to give me discernment, protection, wisdom and knowledge about the things that I do not see nor understand. Thank you to all who decided to send one up for me. I'll do the same for you.
As for the way others choose to live their lives and their choices to display the things that they do, I have nothing to do with that. I can't change them, and it's none of my business. What they do is between themselves and God.
I don't understand the things that go on in cults or devil worship, so I stay clear from those things. Certain things that I find to be entertaining are just that to me. I don't read too much into things that don't really mean anything to me. I don't know those people, what they do does not affect me directly. If they're into all of that demonic stuff, that's their life. It doesn't make any sense to me so I choose to move on.
As for me standing for something, I stand on my right to choose to believe in God. I won't fall for foolishness like devil worship because I know that God is real, and Jesus is my savior. God gave us all free will and at the end of our lives, He'll be our only judge.

humbleheart's picture

@Numba1hon, I don't think we're talking about the same video??? I agree, that some of them are unaware and are just 'puppets' but I personally wouldn't agree to wear something satanic for the money. Clearly, there are other people pulling the strings behind the scenes to push their larger agendas. There is no way these people from the hood (not referring to Drake since he's not from the hood lol) would know about this type of stuff unless someone introduced them to it. However, when you wear those satanic symbols, you open up yourself to be manipulated by witches and warlocks. They know how to cast curses and release demons through these images, so you must be careful. That's them marking you for their property. Spiritual warfare is not something to be played with.

Numba1Hon's picture

(Cont'd)
The artists themselves may be feeling themselves and flossing (boasting) visually about their power, fame and fortune by making allusions to powerful groups of men or secret societies they have no affiliation with or it could be everything is the producer’s or director’s idea. OR some in the industry may be involved in evil, and they may want to use these artists because of their large reach and great influence. I hope all of these people I see throwing signs are not worshipping the devil/Satan/Lucifer and I hope Trey is very careful because people may/will try to use him.

Numba1Hon's picture

@Humbleheart I knew U would eventually see this video.
@JIMS, @Bobbi and @Essense711 I agree. I don’t believe Trey is into devil worship either especially with the prayful crew he has around him. He even mentioned that he does not let everyone he works with into his world. It’s business. Also, I don’t think he had much input into this video because it was made for a motion picture. The imagery disturbed me too, but I think it is supposed to reflect the abundance of deceitfulness in the story. Also the story is about street dance competition and this is someone’s interpretation of hardness.

I read Rihanna’s dark side outsells her other material. This is why I try not to draw conclusions about any artist too fast. When an artist appears to adopt a particular idea, symbol, behavior, etc., it may be the industry wishing them to display a persona having the baser side of human nature. This is not Christian, but it does not mean the artist is actually devil worshipping even though they or someone else could be. I also noted that some symbols have multiple meanings so artists may feel safe in using the positive version and/or this may be about pure acting and getting paid w/o regard to the negative connotation/influence. It is evident these videos are designed to shock, project rebellion, create speculation, and generate controversy to get sales. They also may be pushing this trend to avoid redundancy.

humbleheart's picture

@everyone (lol) I agree that those who have a strong belief in God are not moved by foolishness. However, those who are not moved by foolishness are also not "entertained" by foolishness. What Nicki did was not entertainment. I don't know how many different ways someone can tell somebody that they are demon possessed before they believe them lol!!! Seriously, what woman has a 'male alter ego'. That's called demon possession! Some things people just can't see even if it is staring them right in the face. I understand that you must have discernment to see certain things, but I thought that was pretty plain. And I'm sorry if I sound just a tad bit peeved in this post, but I'm like, if ppl can't see this and stand for simple stuff like this, how will they stand when they start passing out the mark of the beast? 'It's just a little mark for me to buy some things. It's not that big of deal.' I don't think ppl realIy understand that if you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything. I pray for people to have eyes to see, ears to hear, hearts to understand, and a backbone to stand :)

Essence711's picture

Oh yeah, I didn't mention the part in Nicki's performance where she was in the confessional booth, flirting with the Priest, or the part where they tried to perform the exorcism. To me it was all just entertainment. I guess not too many people were entertained.

Bobbi_'s picture

@JIMS "If you have a strong belief in God you will not be moved by the foolishness that is around you."

I agree with that 100%. That's why I think it's so easy for me not to pay much attention to what I see in the entertainment world. It's not really my focus.

& I heard a lot of people were upset by Nicki's performance. I didn't watch it, but what Essence711 described does sound off the wall--for lack of a better term.

Essence711's picture

I never heard that 6 thing mentioned in the song either. I heard of a lot of stuff concerning Jay Z and satanism. I don't know what to believe about that. All I can do is pray for him if it's true. As for Nicki and Roman, I didn't know that she was supposed to be possessed by Roman, I thought that he was supposed to be her male "alter ego", all for entertainment purposes.
My take on her performance at the Grammys was that when the priest went to the home, he was supposed to be there to check on a child who was demon possessed. When he saw the child, he thought that he was going to see a little boy, spouting satanic gibberish. Instead, he was confronted by a pretty little girl. The child stated that his name was Roman. Of course, the whole thing had demonic connotation within it because they were spoofing "The Exorcist".
I thought it was funny, but I didn't take it to mean that she was really being possessed by Roman. I thought it looked more like Roman was a boy who really wished he was a girl. Or, that Roman is a boy trapped inside a girl.
I do believe that they were playing around with religion though. I'm not Catholic, but I do follow the Christian faith and I do know that certain things I see in the entertainment industry are blasphemous. I choose not to get too deep in what other people choose to believe in. That's between them and God.
As for Drake, he's Jewish. He was probably brought up to practice that faith. I don't know too much about it, so I can only say that I do know that most Jews don't recognize Jesus as the Messiah. As for the video he just did, I think it was supposed to be done in fun. Not making fun of his religion as a whole, but saying that he embraces both, his commitment to God and his commitment to his work in the entertainment business. Remember, Drake is also an actor. I don't want to get all preachy and say that you can't serve two masters, but again, that's between him and God.
I'll continue to pray for Trey and the company he keeps.

JesusIsMySavior's picture

@humbleheart:

You are right actions do speak louder than words. Even though most of the people that are in the entertainment industry are old enough to know better sometimes I think they do things that are trendy. Sometimes I wonder if they put a lot of thought into what they do. Those that claim to be Christians better be apart of team Jesus. LOL I think it all depends on how strong your faith is. If you have a strong belief in God you will not be moved by the foolishness that is around you. I’m sure Trey struggles to stay on the straight and narrow path.

humbleheart's picture

@-Bobbi-, treysnewestangel1, and JIMS I agree with you all about how having a good professional team on the road can keep him grounded. @JIMS, I agree that some rumors are put out to sabotage people's careers. However, I also agree that actions speak louder than words (This is not in reference to Trey at all but the individuals I mentioned before). If you are wearing satanic clothes, quoting witches and warlocks, acting demon possessed, and mocking the name of Christ, you are clearly not on Team Jesus lol. These type of people, I would stay away from because they can lead you down the wrong path. They can also get you caught up in some foolishness that you never intended to be apart of.

JesusIsMySavior's picture

@Humbleheart: I’m glad to know you care about Trey’s spiritual well being. I am too. I’ve heard all the stories about different artists being involved with the illuminati. Trey has been linked to the illuminati because of his association with Jay Z. However I try not to read too much into what I see or hear. Sometimes I think things are stated about artists to sabotage their careers. I will agree that he should be careful about the company he keeps, because as we all know bad association spoils useful habits. I think for the most part the people he works closely with mean him well. Like you stated all we can do is continue to keep Trey in our prayers.

As for the song I really don’t recall hearing the triple 6 being mentioned.

TreysNewestAngel1's picture

@Humbleheart, thanks for the info. I had heard things about JayZ also and how alot of his songs have subliminal messages in them. there is a pastor that played one of his songs backwards to do prove it. Its on you tube. I heard a song this morning with Trey and Drake/Lil wayne and heard in lil wayne's part that women called him God. Im not going to make a big issue about it because to some they may think he's talking about other "gods" I will hate to see Trey change in anyway just to make a buck, but from what I have seen so far with the people he surrounds himself "extended family" with I feel like they will do their best to keep him grounded.

Bobbi_'s picture

Oh Okay. I personally don't keep up with many other mainstream artists, so that's an eye opener to me. I just stay with what moves me and what doesn't make me uncomfortable. I don't like to be ignorant to things though, so I'll listen to information. I will say that I don't think his team is just business versus the people he collaborates with. His business team is who he refers to as his extended family and who he's always around. I just think that's a closer relationship than business. Still, I do agree he should be mindful of all things he does so they'll line up with God's will for his life.

humbleheart's picture

Furthermore, he has collaborated and is close with many people in the Young Money crew. Nicki Minaj openly let people know that she was demon possessed with a male demon named Roman at the grammy's. It is for this main reason that the woman always raps like she is possessed and moves as if she is under someone else's control. She named her whole new cd off this possession, and the body of work reflects that possession. However, people seem to not have enough to discernment to see that this is not a game. Furthermore, Drake has worn many shirts with the 'all seeing eye' or 'third eye' of witchcraft and his recent video that features Trey shows his ascentment into full fledged false enlightenment. This was the whole point of the video. To be bar mitzvah'ed means to step into manhood. It's a type of rebirth. He redid it, to show his dedication to Young Money and what it stands for. For example, in the video both Baby and Drake were wearing shirts with the 'owl symbol', a symbol of the Bohemian Grove secret society. The Bohemian Grove is known for having hidden agendas and for secret homosexual acts. Both he and Baby were wearing the shirts, and see as how Baby initiated Lil' Wayne...(self explanatory lol).

All I say is he should watch the company he keeps. I only write this 'cause I do care. I will keep praying for him to be led by wisdom and have divine relationships that line up with God's will for his life, both in business and personally.

humbleheart's picture

@-Bobbi_ I wasn't referring to his business team. I love the fact that they do stay prayed up; I was referring to people whom he has chosen to collaborate with musically. Some of these individuals have openly gone against Christ. For example, Jay-Z. He openly supports the doctrines of Aliester Crowley, a prominent Satanist leader and dark arts practicer. He even wore a sweatshirt with Aliester Crowley's famous slogan "Do what thou wilst", which goes against Christs two commandents to love God and love others as ourselves. A lot of his Rocawear clothing line has satanic images, too. Currently, the Trey's Angel clothing is a kind of like a subdivision of Rocawear.

Likewise, Trey has also collaborated with Red Cafe on their album "Hell's Kitchen". Yes, I know this is a place in NY, but when you look at the cover of that cd, the images are satanic. It has a skull with a red upside cross going down the face. Satanists often mock Christ's crucifixion by putting the cross upside down.

Bobbi_'s picture

I never heard that in the song, but I won't call you crazy. Trey's music producer Troy Taylor is a Christian (and often goes into a sermon when he feels it on Ustream LOL), so I personally doubt that something like would be on the album. & I know Troy didn't produce that particular song, but he's one of the overall producers on all of Trey's albums.

@humbleheart I hear you about watching who you let close to you, but I never knew new Trey was buddy buddy with people who act as you described. I do know his team and the people he keeps closest to him all have relationships with God. They always pray together, and I catch them tweeting prayers and thanking God. I don't know their relationships though, so hey.

TreysNewestAngel1's picture

Wooow! I have heard the same things about the songs JayZ has done also. but I feel like at the end of the day, they have to answer to that not us. We just need to be mindful of who we follow.

humbleheart's picture

I didn't hear any 666 in that song, but the video is CRAY. I always thought the everyone looked possessed in that vid. He professes to be a Christian; however, some of the ppl he hangs out with are very out about not being on #teamJesus. Me personally, I couldn't compromise in this way. I couldn't make songs or hang out with people who openly mock Christ and what He has done. I don't see anything wrong with having friends of different religions or who are unbelievers because I have them, but when you have people using witchcraft, worshipping Satan, etc to stay/be famous, these are the type of people I would stay away from. This life is just a short blink of an eye compared to eternity. I just hope Trey uses wisdom about who he associates with and what he's willing to not compromise on in the industry. Everything that glitters definitely ain't gold, and Satan often masquerades as an "angel" of "light".

Photos

See More

videos

See More

Community

See More

Music

See More
  • params
  • params
  • params
  • params