Skip directly to content

What was the first song that made you fall in love, become a supporter, and a believer in Trey?

Community

• What was the first song that made you fall in love, become a supporter, and a believer in Trey?
    November 24, 2012

For me it was after I listened to Gotta Go. The vocals and music arrangement, and idea behind the song did it for me. I do have my own idea as to how Trey, Troy, and Marvin came up with the song. The way Trey sung the song and the way he talked about no baby leave them on so he could take them off when he get's back. That had me. The smoothness in his voice. From there I was hooked. I knew Trey could free-style yet I was more into his vocals. Trey has grown each year and done nothing but get better with his vocals. He is one performer you must see live. The vocals are for real not just the studio.

JAZZY ANGEL's picture
on Nov 24, 2012 - 04:32PM

For me it was after I listened to Gotta Go. The vocals and music arrangement, and idea behind the song did it for me. I do have my own idea as to how Trey, Troy, and Marvin came up with the song. The way Trey sung the song and the way he talked about no baby leave them on so he could take them off when he get's back. That had me. The smoothness in his voice. From there I was hooked. I knew Trey could free-style yet I was more into his vocals. Trey has grown each year and done nothing but get better with his vocals. He is one performer you must see live. The vocals are for real not just the studio.

Forum category: 
monababyphatgirl's picture

Mines was Can't Help But Wait. When I first heard it I fell in love with him and the song. Its still one of my all time favorite Trey songs.

mysoulfulfaith1148's picture

Always been a fan! he's a VA baby..have to show love! But like you gals, Cant Help But Wait was it for me!! I was in a very emotionally abusive relationship, my best friend (who I am with now; 6yrs) Played her part per say, she was always there for me when needed and never judged me by actions or decisions (those stupid things love makes ya do) i found comfort in her and I felt safe. After all was said and done I have been with her for 6 years and she is truly the definition of Blessing in Disguise. From this point I ADORED Trey, his music healed me and helped me realize that I deserved the love I desired!! His talents and true humble nature have been an inspiration to me! The guy JUST ROCKS!!!!

JAZZY ANGEL's picture

I am thankful you found a way out of that crazy relationship and have found happiness, love, and safety. I think Trey hit the nail on the head with Can't Help...it's amazing how a song can make one think to change their life for the better.

JAZZY ANGEL's picture

I think this song helped alot of people to understand Trey as a person. This spoke of him as a man that would protect his woman or any woman for that matter. I think this got him noticed by guys and that protecting our woman is a big issue.

barness70's picture

I'm still sort of a newbie angel...I fell in love with his music with Gotta Go, but it was the 2009 BET awards Ojay's tribute where I really started to love him as a person.

JAZZY ANGEL's picture

Yes I must say he looked good and did a great job singing and doing the steps lol. Trey's voice has grown so much over the years and is still growing. I can't wait to see what Trey has in store for us in the coming months.

A_Marie_2012's picture

For me my true Trey love came about late in the game. It was after a concert in va. I just had to know more about this beautiful human being i saw on stage. So when I got home I asked my teen daughter about Trey songz. She nearly died! She said you have had his albums for the past few years. Your favorite song cant help but wait and black roses. ..is that guy. I felt dumb. I have been out of the music scene for so long. OLDER NEWER TREY ANGEL HERE! But I grew a new passion for his music and his philanthropy. upon further investigation into Trey the man.

JAZZY ANGEL's picture

LOL you went to your daughter...forgive me for laughing. I am happy that alot of older women have seen what Trey can do both on and off stage. Glad you were able find out who Trey is and became an Angel. Welcome sis

Desireedllanos's picture

Gotta Make it, I just fell in love! After that I found his mixtapes lol. I was a lil worried for a bit because it seemed like a lot of people didn't recognize him and his talent until his third album, everybody knows what's up now though :)!

JAZZY ANGEL's picture

I never really worried about him getting the dues, love, or respect...Remember a slow rise is always better than a fast one. They say the faster you come in the faster you go out. It has been 10 plus years for Trey now and going on 15 so ppl now know the deal with Trey on both sides of the vocals/freestyle. I am looking forward to 20 plus years for Trey and his career both in music/movies. (More music)

Desireedllanos's picture

You're absolutely right! I never really thought about his slow rise being better, but I can definitely see truth in that with other artists being over night successes and burning out quickly .I'm looking forward to those 20 plus years too! You're so sweet Jazzy, I love how you responded to everyone who commented to your post ;)

chrissypemberton@comcast.net's picture

Gotta Go,, First time I laid eyes on him in that white suite OMG!

JAZZY ANGEL's picture

Forgive me sis, but him in that suite I had to lol. Trey was to me to slim. Yes the white looked good. I was more into what and how he said the line, the way he held the mic, those lips, and the look he gave. Now I will say Trey is much more attractive to me. I'd be lying if I said he wasn't. It's just something about Trey that has us all captivated.

carameljoy2005's picture

Mine is "Gotta Make It." It came out the summer of 2005 when I was leaving my hometown in Miami to attend college in Boston... no family, no friends, no nothing. I was going on my own and I knew I had to make it. And, look at me now? Bachelor's Degree, Master's Degree, been teaching for three years, and am currently a homeowner. Trey's song definitely helped me with this success! I had to make it, and I did make it.

JAZZY ANGEL's picture

Congrats on all your accomplishments sis...I can see how that song was it for you. Now keep making a difference cause in the school system we need great ppl and teachers like you.

TreyzJewel's picture

Can't help but wait was one of his absolute best songz he showed that he knows how to treat a woman and spoil her and I loved that but I was already a dedicated fan. So that song added icing to the cake and he's been adding more and more icing ever since lol =)

TreyzJewel's picture

Gotta make it was really good and then when his second single gotta go came out I was hooked but I could tell he was special from gotta make it!!!

queentalibah2008's picture

Gotta Go was one but mine was "Can't help but Wait" because of what I was going through at the time. I was in an abusive relationship and my father was not around much when I needed him most so not knowing how a man is suppose to treat a woman that video kept playing over and over I kept saying who is this cutie w/ braids singing..lol I see you cool with him he ain't right but you don't trip you stand by while he lies then turn right around then forgive I can't take seeing your face when those tears run down your cheeks.....made me take a look at my relationship everyone woman wants to be treated like a queen and that's the beauty Trey is truly a blessing he makes a woman think about what their worth is and how important it is to be who you are don't let no one bring you down or change who you are it's like he knows what most men search for to this day "WHAT A WOMAN WANTS" and needs lol and I truly love him for that even though I will probably never get to meet him I will try my hardest....I know this is a lot sorry I just was in my feelings...thank you for listening Angel sista

mysoulfulfaith1148's picture

Hello Doll!! This is creepy our stories are simular, another reason to adore Mr. Neverson!! I LOVE that guy!!!

JAZZY ANGEL's picture

Not a problem sis...Trey does have that affect on woman. We have all found something about Trey that hits us all differently. I guess that is why we love him so much...Trey has a place in our hearts. As for meeting him. Keep the FAITH you will meet Trey. I felt the same way when it came to meeting Trey. Thought I would never met him. I have had the chance to meet Trey a few times now and each time was special. Sis you will met Trey when the time comes try to keep your head...lol Don't give up hope or FAITH the day will come when you see Trey up close.

queentalibah2008's picture

Thanks sis I know that day will come...lol I wasn't down from the beginning bcuz I didn't hear of Trey when a woman goes through what was going through and that is a lot of women I wasn't thinking about nothing and nobody but how I was gonna get out of the situation I was in at the time so I've been down since "Trey Day".....much love Angel Sista!!!!

JAZZY ANGEL's picture

I am glad you got out of the situation. That is what mattered at the time. No thanks is needed.

shop